[Silent-Death] Is the Board Working Properly

Grimmnar at aol.com Grimmnar at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 00:49:57 EDT 2015

In a message dated 4/20/2015 12:27:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mario.butter at silent-tower.org writes:

You  might want to check your spam folder for the original posting.
I check my SPAM daily, nothing there. I can only assume my PC has  finally
got some tastes and just decided that ODB's mail wasn't worth receiving  any
more. And i like this reasoning since it takes an act of Congress to get
ODB  to return emails. :-)

No, you  shouldn't get a dup if someone hits "reply-all" - the mail system
should see  that you already got a copy and disable sending another one to
your email.
Good to hear. But would be nice for the extra  traffic.

As I  said, it's a change in response to the recent DMARC enforcement
change that  Yahoo, AOL and a few other providers did that broke many email
lists. On my  higher traffic lists, I had a number of people that were constantly
being  bounced off the list because of DMARC violations from Yahoo (mostly)
and when  I moved to the new server, I set it up this way to prevent that
from  happening. Basically, Yahoo, et al, saw that the "from" address had
been  changed (like most email lists do) and bounced that mail as possible
SPAM. So,  I don't change the from, instead I add a "cc" with the mail list
posting  address.
Not a techie guy in the least. Didn't hear about the changes. And  wasn't
sure just how recent "recent" really was. To some recent is a few weeks.  To
others, recent is a matter of years. :-)

And the email was NOT sent to Leland only - it had a CC of  the mail list,
because he hit reply-all. Here is a copy of the  headers:
Yep, i see that now. But i sent you my screen cap showing what i  saw. The
board cant take screen caps i don't think. But now i see the CC when i
bounce through the emails. Just a strange one that when i opened up Steve's
email first the CC line wasn't there. And I didn't hit the "details Internet"
link at all. But I will just chalk it up to AOL and their infinite wisdom of
 recent decisions.

In the end, glad you was avail and around to have the time to  explain it
to a ignorant person.
Now back to our regularly scheduled SD programming.

Grimm