[Silent-Death] Is the Board Working Properly

Mario Butter mario.butter at silent-tower.org
Mon Apr 20 00:27:18 EDT 2015

You might want to check your spam folder for the original posting. No, you
shouldn't get a dup if someone hits "reply-all" - the mail system should
see that you already got a copy and disable sending another one to your
email. As I said, it's a change in response to the recent DMARC enforcement
change that Yahoo, Aol and a few other providers did that broke many email
lists. On my higher traffic lists, I had a number of people that were
constantly being bounced off the list because of DMARC violations from
Yahoo (mostly) and when I moved to the new server, I set it up this way to
prevent that from happening. Basically, Yahoo, et al, saw that the "from"
address had been changed (like most email lists do) and bounced that mail
as possible spam. So, I don't change the from, instead I add a "cc" with
the mail list posting address.

And the email was NOT sent to Leland only - it had a CC of the mail list,
because he hit reply-all. Here is a copy of the headers: